Spotify Time Capsule is a newly launched feature that enables you to create a playlist that will unlock in 2024. As cute and interesting as it may sound, there are users for whom the Time Capsule (Playlist in a bottle 2024) is not working.
If you are also experiencing this issue then bear with me in this fixing guide and I’ll share some working tips and information that might help you in resolving this issue.
How to Use Spotify Time Capsule: Create Spotify Playlist in a Bottle 2024
To create a Spotify Playlist in a Bottle for your 2024 listening, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Spotify mobile app is updated to the latest version.
- Now, click on this link (https://playlistinabottle.byspotify.com/en) from your smartphone.
- Now, select the Spotify Time Capsule of your choice. You can pick from:
- Jean Pocket,
- Gumball Machine,
- Lunch Box, and
- Teddy Bear.
- Once selected, you’ll be served with 11 different prompts one by one. A minimum of 3 prompts are required to be answered by choosing an appropriate song of your choice. The prompts are as follows:
- A song you need to hear live in 2023
- A song that’s going to be this summer’s anthem
- A song you’re convinced was written about you
- A song you’d pay to hear for the first time again
- A song that should be here just because
- A song you’re secretly obsessed with
- A song that sounds like the year 3023
- A song that won’t make any sense a year from now
- A song that reminds you of your favourite person
- A song you’re going to kiss someone to this year
- A song that’s going to be a classic by next year
- Once you are done selecting the songs, tap on Done.
- Finally, lock the created song playlist by tapping on the Lock in button.
And there you go! You have now created a Spotify playlist of songs which is locked and can be accessed in January 2024.
How to Fix if Spotify Time Capsule is not working
If you are not able to create your Playlist in a bottle for 2024, then here are a couple of tips and solutions to resolve the issue.
1. Check your Region is supported
The Spotify Time Capsule feature is currently available in only 27 regions in 18 languages. Below is the list of supported countries for the Spotify Time Capsule feature.
List of Spotify Time Capsule supported regions:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
2. Update the Spotify App
The Time Capsule feature is only available for the Spotify App. If the app is not updated, you are more likely to not be able to use the feature. Hence it is highly advised to make sure to update the Spotify app from the Play Store (Android devices) or App Store (iPhone, iPad).
3. Restart Spotify
If the Spotify app installed on your device is experiencing some issues due to glitches, then a simple restart might resolve it. With that said, restart the app by first completely quitting the app (clearing it from the recent apps) and then launching the app again.
4. Clear the Spotify Cache
Faulty cache files can also cause the Spotify app to not work properly. Hence you should consider clearing the Spotify cache on your smartphone.
On your Android smartphone, open the Settings app and go to Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear Cache.
In your iOS device, open the Settings app, and go to General > Storage > Spotify > Offload App. Once the app is offloaded, follow the same steps and tap on Reinstall App.
5. Reinstall Spotify
If nothing works then the last option is to try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling back again on your device.
On your Android device, long press on the Spotify app and tap on Uninstall/Remove option. Once the app is uninstalled completely, open Play Store, search for Spotify and tap on Install. Once the app is installed, sign in to your account and see if the issue is still there.
On your iOS device like iPhone, tap and hold your press on the Spotify app and select the Remove App option.
Once the app is removed, search for Spotify on the App Store and install it.
Use Spotify Time Capsule to surprise yourself in 2024
And with that said, here comes the end of this fixing guide. I am hoping that this guide would have helped you in the situation of Spotify Time Capsule not working. Please consider sharing it with your fellow Spotify users if they are experiencing the same issue.
- How to watch your Spotify Wrapped 2022 again
- Spotify Equalizer Not Working? Try these Fixes!
- How to Fix Error 111 on Spotify
- What font does Spotify Wrapped use? Download
- 7 Ways to Fix if Spotify Wrapped 2022 is Not Working
- 2 Ways to Rewatch your Spotify Wrapped
- How to Fix if you Can’t Unhide a Song on Spotify
- Fix: Spotify Sleep Timer Missing, Greyed Out
- Spotify code not working? How to use & Tips to Fix
- Spotify Crossfade not Working? Try these 9 fixes!