Many of the app-related glitches and bugs can be fixed by clearing their cache. But iPhone has been notoriously popular for not offering a dedication to clear the app cache. The most known way to do so is to uninstall and reinstall manually. This method includes manually deleting the app and then reinstalling it from the App Store. This method is obviously quite lengthy and takes a good amount of human input.
But what if I say that there is a much easier way to clear the app cache on your iPhone or iPad. In this guide, I’ll be showing the way by which you can clear the app cache without deleting the app on your iPhone or iPad. So, let’s get started.
Clear app cache without deleting the app in iOS
The steps to clear the app cache without deleting the app on your iPhone or iPad are quite simple and can be done by performing a couple of taps on the screen. Here is a complete step-by-step guide to doing so.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device. You can find it in app Library or as a standalone app on the home screen of your device.
- After opening the Settings app, scroll down and tap on the General option to open it.
- You are now on the General Settings screen on your iOS device. Here, look for the iPhone Storage option and tap on it to open it.
- Once you are on the iPhone Storage settings page, you’ll see a long list of apps there. Here, look for the app whose cache you want to clear and tap on it. For illustration purposes, I am selecting the Twitter app.
- After tapping on the concerned app, on the next screen, you’ll see an option named, Offload App. Tap on it.
- Your device will now show you a confirmation popup. Here, again tap on the Offload App option.
- The app is now offloaded from your device successfully. You can confirm this by the fact that the Offload App button is now changed to the Reinstall App.
This is the exact button we need now to reload the app and get it working on our iOS device. Hence tap on the Reinstall App button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you clear the app cache on iPhone or iPad?
Yes, you can clear the app cache on any iOS device. You can do so either by manually deleting and then reinstalling the app. Or else, you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Select the app > Offload app > Reinstall App to do the cache-clearing process a little more convenient.
Can you clear the app cache without deleting the app on iPhone or iPad?
Yes, you can do that as well. The iPhone or iPad offers a feature called Offload App that completely offloads the app from the device. Doing so makes the app lose the cache files. To briefly describe this process, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Select the app > Offload app > Reinstall App.
Does Offloading the app clear the app cache on iPhone or iPad?
Yes, offloading the app completely refreshes it i.e. it also clears the saved cache files associated with that app. To use the Offload App option for an app, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Select the app > Offload app.
So that was it for this quick guide on how to clear app cache without deleting the app on iPhone or iPad. Unlike Android smartphones, there is no dedicated option to clear the cache of the app on iOS but the same can be done in two ways. One is by manually deleting and then reinstalling the app. And the second one is to use the Offload App option for that app. The first method takes a good amount of manual input from the user which is quite less in the second one. It is still not intuitive on an iOS device to clear the app cache as compared to an Android device.
- How to Fix Geometry Dash Crashing on iPhone
- Fix: Free Msg: Unable to send message – Message Blocking is active
- Fix: Music content cannot be played in PiP on YouTube
- 4 Ways To Fix “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here”
- What is “apl*itunes.com/bill”? Everything you need to know
- Fix: Find My Says, “No Location Found” on iPhone
- Apple’s Weather app showing inaccurate Temperature in iOS 16 Beta 2
- 10 Best Apple Weather Alternatives for iPhone
- How to Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone
- How to enable Developer Mode in iOS 16 via Settings