The Windows OS comes with a really good app called the Your Phone. This app connects with your personal smartphone and keeps you updated with all your notifications. It connects with your smartphone via Bluetooth and a companion app, installed on your phone.
But there are users, including me, who feel that the app is not as perfect as it needs to be and has become a headache for a number of users as well. If you are one of those and want to get rid of the Your Phone app on your Windows 11 PC then here I am up with a complete tutorial for the same.
In this guide, I will show you how you can disable or uninstall the Your Phone app from your Windows 11 PC. Remember that this guide is also applicable for the Windows 10 PC so if you want to disable or uninstall the Your Phone app on Windows 10 then you can do that by following the exact same steps mentioned in this guide as well.
How to Disable Your Phone App on Windows 11 & 10
If you are not feeling confident with the removal of the Your Phone app and hence want to just disable the app, here are the detailed steps on the same.
1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
2. In the Settings window, navigate to Apps > Apps & features.
3. Scroll down and look for the Your Phone app. You can also search for the app for convenience.
4. Once you have located the Your Phone app, click on the three dots next to the app and go to Advanced options.
5. Under the Background apps permissions section, set the Let this app run in background to Never.
6. Now, scroll down to the Terminate section and click on the Terminate button.
How to Uninstall Your Phone App on Windows 11 and 10
Now for those who completely want to get rid of the Your Phone app, here’s the tutorial to uninstall it. Uninstalling the Your Phone app is not any other app as there is no Uninstall option in the Apps & Features settings window. Hence we are going to use Windows PowerShell to fulfill the purpose.
1. Search and open Windows PowerShell with administrative privileges.
2. In the PowerShell window execute the following command:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone | Remove-AppxPackage
3. Once done, let the executed command work and you will see the uninstallation task progress.
This is how you can get rid of the Your Phone app if you don’t use it or if it’s annoying you. You can either disable the app if you are not sure about whether you will use it in the future or not or you can uninstall it completely to remove all the traces of the same.
I would advise you to disable it instead of uninstalling it as it is a Windows system app and it can be hard to install it again. However, if you are sure about your decision then you also uninstall it via PowerShell.
The long and short of this is – Microsoft are farming your data for their own ends. Why should they have free access to all the data on your smartphone? Stop taking it up the arse from these big companies!
Sorry – I can neither disable nor uninstall the Your Phone app following these instructions. The app is not listed under Apps and the command to uninstall in Power Shell is ignored. Are Microsoft staying one step ahead?
use poweshell version 5.