Microsoft has recently unveiled a new feature called Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA), which enables users to run Android applications on their PC without relying on an emulator.
A fascinating aspect of this feature is the Advanced Networking function found within WSA, which enables Android apps installed on a PC to communicate with other devices on the same network.
This post will provide step-by-step guidance on how to enable or disable WSA Advanced Networking in Windows 11.
What is WSA Advanced Networking?
WSA Advanced Networking allows Android applications to connect with other devices on the same network as the user’s Windows PC. When enabled, it allows users to enjoy several features, such as playing content wirelessly, controlling their PC using their phone, playing music on a speaker connected to the same network, and more, using compatible apps.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
How to Enable or Disable WSA Advanced Networking in Windows
To activate the feature, follow these steps:
1. Search for Windows Subsystem for Android in the Windows search bar and launch Windows Subsystem for Android Settings.
2. Switch to the System tab from the left pane.
3. Finally, ook for the Advanced Networking option and toggle it on to activate the feature.
If you experience any network issues, toggle the Advanced Networking off to disable it, and you’re good to go.
Microsoft suggests that turning off this feature may be helpful if you encounter network problems in your mobile applications, as it prevents apps from accessing other devices on the network.
What is Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA)?
The Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) enables Windows 11 PCs to run Android apps directly, without the need for an Android emulator or virtual machine. This feature provides users access to a broad range of mobile applications via Amazon Appstore.
Additionally, the feature comes with the Linux kernel and Android OS 11. Give WSA Advanced Networking a try and see how it works for you.
- 2 Ways to Fix Hyper-V Mouse input not captured in Windows
- Fix: Msinfo32 Can’t Collect Information (msinfo32.exe Not Working)
- Fix “No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit Code 8” on Windows
- Fix PxHIpa64.sys Memory Integrity Incompatible Drivers Error
- 5 Ways to Fix Windows 11 Mail App Showing HTML Code