Are you experiencing Dev Error 11588 while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2? The latest Season 2 update has brought a lot of exciting new content to the game, but unfortunately, it also comes with a few issues that are causing frustration for players. This guide will help you understand what causes Warzone 2 Dev Error 11588 and provide some possible fixes to get you back in the game.
What is Dev Error 11588?
Many players have reported experiencing various crashes and glitches, including the Dev Error 11588, since the Season 2 update was released. Unfortunately, at present, there is no known solution to fix this error. However, it has been observed that this error occurs more frequently after significant updates, possibly due to missing or corrupted game files.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
To address this issue on Windows PC, one possible solution is to verify the integrity of game files through Steam. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on Warzone 2/MW2 in your Steam library.
2. Select “Properties…”.
3. Select the “Local Files” tab.
4. Click on the ” Verify integrity of game files..”.
5. Wait for Steam to complete the process.
6. Restart your PC.
If you are playing on Battle.net, you can use the “Scan and Repair” feature by clicking on the blue cog icon next to the “Play” button, and selecting “Scan and repair” from the menu. This will prompt Battle.net to scan the game files for any missing or corrupted ones and repair them if necessary.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions work, the final option would be to perform a fresh installation of the game. This involves uninstalling the game, restarting your device, and then installing it from scratch. While there is no guarantee that this will fix the issue, it is worth trying.
The Dev Error 11588 can be a frustrating issue for players of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. While there are currently no known solutions to fix it, the above steps may help alleviate the issue. If you know of any working solutions, please share them with us in the comments section below.
- How to Fix #x41 Error in Modern Warfare 2
- How to Fix “Looks like you’re stranded” Xbox app Error
- Fix: Voice Service Unavailable in MW2 on Xbox, PS4, PS5, PC
- Fix COD Modern Warfare Multiplayer not working [PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC]
- How to Fix game_ship.exe Crashing Error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2