If you encounter the issue of “Mouse input not captured” while using a Hyper-V virtual machine, this article can provide you with some helpful solutions. Regardless of which operating system you have installed on the Hyper-V, the solutions are the same.
This error typically appears when you start the virtual machine and hover your mouse over the mouse icon in the bottom-right corner. The problem mainly occurs when you enable Enhanced Session mode, which is linked to RDP and can block users from using the mouse in their virtual environment.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
Fix Mouse input not captured error in Hyper-V
To fix the “Mouse input not captured” issue on Hyper-V in Windows 11/10, you can follow these tips:
1. Disable Enhanced Session Mode
To turn off Enhanced Session mode in Hyper-V,
1. Start the virtual machine first, and then click on the “View” option in the top menu bar.
2. Unselect the Enhanced Session option to disable it immediately.
However, if you want to disable Enhanced Session Mode for the selected virtual machine entirely, you need to shut down the virtual machine first.
1. Click on the Hyper-V Settings option by right-clicking your Hyper-V server in the left pane.
2. Switch to the Enhanced Session Mode tab under the User section.
3. Untick the Use enhanced session mode checkbox.
4. Then, click the OK button and restart your virtual machine.
If you want to disable Enhanced Session mode for the server,
5. You need to go to the “Enhanced Session Mode Policy” tab and uncheck the “Allow enhanced session mode” option.
6. Finally, click the “OK” button and restart your virtual machine.
2. Install Virtual PC Integration Components
For old Hyper-V users (Windows XP), the solution is to install Virtual PC Integration Components. To do so,
1. Click on the “Settings” option from the right-click context menu of your virtual machine.
2. Then go to the Management tab and select Integration Services to start the installation process.
Alternatively, you can also find this option at Tools > Integration Services.
To capture mouse input in Hyper-V, turn off the Enhanced Session feature, which could be causing the issue. Open the “View” menu and uncheck the Enhanced Session option.
To enable your mouse on a virtual machine, especially on Hyper-V, turn off the Enhanced Session option as it is linked to RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol, which may cause problems on your computer.
- Fix: Msinfo32 Can’t Collect Information (msinfo32.exe Not Working)
- Fix “No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit Code 8” on Windows
- Fix PxHIpa64.sys Memory Integrity Incompatible Drivers Error
- 5 Ways to Fix Windows 11 Mail App Showing HTML Code
- How to Enable and Use Tabs in Notepad on Windows 11