Are you a Minecraft player who has encountered the error code 0x89235172? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This error code typically indicates that there are some apps that are not updated or corrupted. Network glitches can also be a cause of this error. But don’t worry, in this blog post, we will guide you through some solutions to help you resolve this error.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
Fixing Minecraft Error Code 0x89235172
If you’ve encountered Minecraft error code 0x89235172, the first thing you should try is updating your operating system. If that doesn’t work, here are some solutions that you can try.
1. Reset Network Protocols
Since Minecraft is an online game, it requires a good internet connection to complete the download process. If you encounter this error while installing or accessing the app, it might be due to a glitch in the network protocols that are used to communicate between the client and server.
To fix this issue, you can try resetting the network protocols by following these steps:
1. Launch Command Prompt with administrative privileges. You can search for it and click on the run as administrator option.
2. Run the following commands:
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset
2. Update Xbox App
Updating the Xbox app installed on your computer is another potential solution. To do this, you can open the Microsoft Store, click on Library, and then click on Get Updates. After updating the Xbox app, check if the issue is resolved.
3. Reset or Repair Gaming Services
Misconfigurations of the Gaming Services app can also cause this error code to appear. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings by pressing Win + I.
2. Go to Apps > Apps & features or Installed apps (in Windows 10).
3. Search for Gaming Services from the list and click on the three dots next to it.
4. Click on the Reset option.
Wait for the command to complete and check if the issue is resolved.
5. If the issue persists, click on Repair instead of Reset.
4. Run Microsoft Store Troubleshooter
Microsoft Store Troubleshooter is a useful utility that can help you resolve issues related to Microsoft Store. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
For Windows 11
1. Open Settings.
2. Go to System > Troubleshooter.
3. Click on Other troubleshooters.
4. Click on the Run button associated with Windows Store Apps.
For Windows 10
1. Launch Settings.
2. Go to Update & Security > Troubleshooter.
3. Navigate to Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps, and then run the troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will automatically scan and repair the issue, hopefully resolving the error code.
5. Remove Mod Files
If you’ve added mods to Minecraft, they might be causing the error code to appear. In this case, you can try removing the mods, uninstalling the app, and then reinstalling it. To remove Minecraft mods, follow these steps:
1. Open Run dialog by pressing Win + R.
2. Type “%AppData%” and click OK.
3. Find the .minecraft folder and delete it.
4. Now uninstall Minecraft and reinstall it again app.
6. Use a different Microsoft Account
If none of the above solutions work, try switching to a Microsoft Account instead of a Minecraft account. This is a common solution that has helped many gamers resolve this error.
In conclusion, error code 0x89235172 can be frustrating when trying to install or access Minecraft. Fortunately, there are several solutions to this issue, ranging from resetting network protocols to using a Microsoft account.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to resolve the error and enjoy playing Minecraft without any further issues. If you continue to experience problems, you can always reach out to Microsoft support for additional assistance.
- Fix “Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: Ox803F8001” Error
- Fix Internal Exception java.net.SocketException: Connection reset Minecraft Error
- How to fix Minecraft Bedrock pink textures/blocks glitch
- Fix Internal Exception java.io.IOException Minecraft error
- Fix: An error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of Virtual Switches on Windows