Activision’s new installment in the CoD game franchise, Modern Warfare 2 is overall a commendable game with very positive feedback from the players. But some users are also facing issues with it. Like the SAE killstreak issue where the players are unable to call for Airstrike.
Similarly, crashing the game is also one of those. Many users are having the game_ship.exe error that leads to repetitive game crashes. If you are facing the same issue on your MW2 game, then here are a couple of fixes and workarounds that you can try to get rid of the issue.
What is the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
The game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a common issue that players face. It occurs when the game crashes or freezes unexpectedly, and the game_ship.exe process is stopped. This error can be caused by a number of factors, such as outdated graphics card drivers, compatibility issues with Windows, and problems with the game files.
Causes of the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
There are several factors that can contribute to the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Some of the most common causes include:
- Outdated graphics card drivers.
- Compatibility issues with Windows.
- Problems with the game files.
- Issues with the game’s installation.
- Inadequate memory or storage space.
How to Solve game_ship.exe crashing in MW2
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
1. Disable Razer Synapse
The Razer Synapse app has a notorious history of non-collaborative functioning with the CoD titles. Hence if your MW2 is crashing, then it is highly advised to give this thing a try.
Right-click on the Razer Synapse icon on the right of the taskbar and select Close/Exit. Similarly, if you have any other software like Afterburner suit or similar that is used for controlling RGB treat them in the same manner.
2. Enable On-Demand Texture Streaming
In many cases, the game_ship.exe error has been experienced if the on-demand texture streaming is disabled. Advising you the same, go to the game settings and enable the On-Demand Texture Streaming and this should solve the issue.
3. Disable Parallax Effect
The parallax effect in the game may look really eye-pleasing and realistic but sadly, this feature has been seen triggering the MW2 game crash. And since you are already facing the game_ship.exe crashing issue, you can try disabling the Parallax Effect.
4. Turn off in-game Voice Chat
MW2’s voice chat has been reported to be glitchy by a number of players. Adding to this, there have been instances where the chat has induced other issues as well. While playing in multiplayer mode, it is possible that the chat is causing the game_ship.exe error. You can try disabling the vice in the game to see if it resolves the problem.
To disable the voice chat in Modern Warfare 2, open the K/D ratio menu while being in-game. Then right-click on your mouse to make the cursor visible on the screen and click on Mute.
5. Rollback the Nvidia Drivers
As per what some users have suggested and also based on past instances, the Nvidia Drivers can induce the game_ship.exe error. You should consider downgrading your Nvidia Drivers to version 522.25 if you are using an Nvidia GPU. To roll back the Nvidia Drivers on your PC you can follow this guide.
6. Play the game in Safe Mode
If the game is crashing due to some unnecessary background processes or programs, then playing the game after booting into Safe Mode might help. To boot into Safe Mode:
Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 11
1. Open Windows Settings by pressing Win + I and go to System > Recovery.
2. Click on the Restart now button of the Advanced startup option. This will reboot your PC into the advanced startup menu.
3. In the menu, navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings, and finally click on Restart.
4. Now, from the list of options select any of the option numbers 4,5, or 6 by pressing the respective number key to boot into Safe Mode.
Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10
1. Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now under the Advanced startup section.
2. Your PC will now boot into the Advanced startup menu. Here, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings, and finally click on Restart.
3. The PC will boot again and this time in Startup Settings. Choose any of the Safe Mode options (4,5 or 6) by pressing their respective number key on the keyboard.
4. Once the Windows is successfully booted into Safe Mode, launch the game and see if you are still experiencing the crash.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the game_ship.exe process in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
The game_ship.exe process is the executable file for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It’s responsible for running the game and controlling its behavior.
What causes the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
The game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 can be caused by a number of factors, such as outdated graphics card drivers, compatibility issues with Windows, problems with the game files, issues with the game’s installation, and inadequate memory or storage space.
How can I update my graphics card drivers to fix the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
You can update your graphics card drivers by visiting the manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest driver for your graphics card.
What can I do if the solutions listed in this article don’t work for me?
If the solutions listed in this article don’t work for you, consider reaching out to the game’s support team for further assistance. They may be able to offer additional solutions or help you troubleshoot the issue.
Can increasing memory and storage space solve the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
Yes, increasing memory and storage space can solve the game_ship.exe crashing error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 if the issue is caused by inadequate memory or storage space. Adding more RAM or upgrading to a larger hard drive can help resolve the issue.
And there you go! This is how you can tackle the game_ship.exe game crashing issue in Modern Warfare 2 game. The aforementioned fixes didn’t work you will have to wait for a future update. It is highly possible that the crash is happening from the developer’s end and you can just wait for them to push some updates to resolve the issue.