Many Mac users have reported encountering an error message on Safari, which states:
Safari Can’t Open the Page
Safari can’t open the page. The error is: “The operation couldn’t be completed. No space left on device” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28)
Despite the error message indicating a lack of storage space, users have mentioned that there is enough storage space on their Macs. So, what is causing this error message? In this article, we will explain how you can resolve this problem.
It’s crucial to mention that this issue solely affects Safari. Other browsers such as Chrome do not have this problem. This error will force you to stop your current activity, as the webpage will be inaccessible.
Fix “No Space Left on Device” error on Mac
To fix the “no space left on device” error on Safari, you may follow the steps outlined below.
1. Update Safari
Make sure that you have the most recent version of Safari installed. Safari is an integral part of macOS software; therefore, you must ensure that your macOS is up to date. To check for macOS updates,
1. Go to System Settings from the Apple Menu.
2. Click on General from the left pane and select the Software Update option from the right.
And if an update is available, update your Mac. When your macOS is up to date, your Safari will also be updated.
2. Clear Cookies and Close Tabs/Windows
If you have several tabs and windows open on Safari, close them all, and then try again by opening a new window. Also, remove all cookies and website data. Here’s how to do it.
1. Close all tabs by hovering your cursor over the tab and clicking the close (x) button.
2. Also, close all other windows if you have multiple Safari windows open.
3. Click on Safari from the menu bar and go to Settings.
4. Switch to the Privacy tab and click on the Manage Website Data button.
5. Finally, click on the Remove All button.
3. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
If you’re using a third-party firewall or antivirus app, it may be the cause of this issue. It’s important to note that we are not referring to the firewall in macOS, but rather third-party apps. If you have such an app installed, turn it off or uninstall it and try again.
After uninstalling, test Safari to see if it’s working correctly. If you no longer encounter the “no space left, Safari can’t open the page” error, then it’s clear that your firewall software is the root cause of the problem.
If you want to continue using this software, ensure that the app is up to date and contact the developer to inform them of the issue. They may release a software fix.
4. Disable Hide IP Feature
1. Open Safari and go to Safari > Settings from the top menu bar.
2. Switch to the Privacy tab, then uncheck the Hide IP address from trackers box.
These are the steps to take if you encounter the “no space left on device” error message on Safari. By following these steps, you can fix this problem and continue browsing the web on Safari without any issues.