Do you love music? I am sure you do. Who does not love music? Although everybody has different tastes. When we speak about music streaming then one name that comes to our mind is Spotify!! I am sure you must have Spotify installed on your phone or PC.
I listen to music a lot and just love the transition from one track to another in a manner that the song that you are listening to ends slowly and the new song starts in a manner that the music constantly remains there and you do not feel that all of a sudden the music is stopped and all of a sudden it started, right?
This smooth transitioning of the song is termed as Crossfade. But it has been seen that some users have complained that the crossfade feature is not working, and also that option where you change crossfade is greyed out. Also, it is not working altogether even though it is not greyed out.
In this article, I am going to show you all the possible reasons why the crossfade is not working and ways to fix it. Let’s cut the crap and dwell right into it:
Why Crossfade is not working in Spotify
The crossfade feature in Spotify is not working. This can be due to various reasons. Following are the reasons this could be happening:
- If you are using Spotify connect.
- Some configurations related to Gapless might interfere.
- Using an outdated version of the app.
- Some glitch or bug in the app.
How to Fix the Crossfade issue in Spotify
I am going to offer you many fixes here that all are able to solve this issue for whatever reason the crossfade problem is caused. Without much wait here are the fixes:
1. Check you are using Spotify connect
If you are using Spotify on your phone then you definitely know that Spotify lets you connect to other devices like smart TVs and computers to stream the music on those devices too. One thing that is to be noted here is that when you are casting your Spotify content, the crossfade settings will get grayed out and they will not work at all.
So, if you are using connect feature then stop using it and sign in to the TV or PC with another account.
2. Restart your device.
This fix might seem silly but it is one hundred percent workable, sometimes continuous work and changes in the program and features of your device affect the normal functioning of the device. As a result, some features of certain apps might not work.
In this case, you need to restart your device or you can just shut down or start it again. Both options do the same thing.
3. Restart the Spotify App
This is the very first workaround that anybody would do when they face certain issues with that particular app and the Spotify app is no different. Since it is an app it also behaves in the same manner.
Sometimes the apps can experience some occasional glitches that can lead to unresponsiveness to some of its features. These minor issues can be tackled by simply just restarting that app.
So, close the Spotify app on your phone and clear it from the recent apps list as well. Once done, you can launch the app and check if the crossfade option is now working or not.
4. Turn off & on the crossfade feature
Turning a feature off and then back on can also be an effective workaround. Doing so, resets its binary on and off data, making it work again. Here is how you can do it with the crossfade feature on Spotify:
Enable/Disable Spotify on Android and iPhone
1. Open the Spotify app from the menu like you usually do.
2. Once the Spotify app is open, tap on the Settings option (gear icon) situated at the top right corner of the screen.
3. On the Spotify settings screen, scroll down to the crossfade menu if you are on Andriod.
But if you are using iPhone, then you’ll first have to tap on the Playback option on the Spotify Settings page. And after that scroll down to the Crossfade option.
Note: There is no toggle button to disable and enable the crossfade feature. So to disable it you just need to slide to the extreme left side where off or 0 is written.
4. Now, below the Crossfade option, there will be a slider. Drag that slider to the extreme left to turn off the crossfade feature. If it is already disabled then drag the slider to a 5 to 6-sec value or as per your desire.
5. Next, restart the Spotify app and check if crossfade is working. If you have disabled the crossfade in the previous step, then first go to Crossfade in settings and enable it followed by the app restart again.
Enable/Disable Crossfade Windows
If you are using Spotify on Windows or Mac PC then you can enable and disable crossfade by using the following steps:
1. Launch the Spotify app on your PC.
2. After opening the app, look for your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click on it and go to Settings.
3. Unlike the smartphone app, the Windows Spotify app offers a dedicated toggle button so that we can switch it off and on. So after clicking on the Settings option (gear icon) and scrolling down to the crossfade option, switch off its toggle button to turn it off.
4. After disabling the crossfade, restart the Spotify app and follow the same steps and enable the crossfade.
5. Disable Gapless
Most people don’t know the difference between the Gapless and Crossfade features. The crossfade feature allows a smooth transition between two songs by fading out the finishing one and fading in the upcoming one. On the other hand, the Gapless feature, when enabled, ensures skipping the silent part in between the songs if there is any.
In conclusion, if the Gapless feature is enabled, it will hinder the crossfade transition as it will eliminate the silent part between the tracks. Likewise, you should consider disabling the Gapless feature if you want the Crossfade one to work properly. And here’s how to do this:
For Android and iPhone
1. Open the Spotify app on your smartphone like you usually do.
2. Once the Spotify app is open, tap on the Settings option (gear icon) located at the top right corner of the screen.
3. This will open up the Spotify Settings page on your Android smartphone. But if you are following the steps on your iPhone, then after clicking on the Settings option, you’ll first have to tap on the Playback option.
4. Now, scroll down on your smartphone screen and under the Crossfade option, you’ll see the Gapless option. Toggle its switch to off.
6. Update the Spotify App
As we already know with consecutive updates new features roll out in an app and also the old bugs get fixed. Also, different devices tend to provide different operating atmospheres to the app. In every update, the developer makes the app work on as many devices as possible. If crossfade is not working on your device then it could be due to some bug that might be causing it, so it’s best to keep your Spotify app up-to-date.
7. Use a different Spotify account
If you have tried all the above-mentioned fixes then one thing there is left to do before we take our extreme step. Note this fix is not applicable to premium users so they will follow our next extreme fix skipping this fix. For the regular user, it is a good-to-go fix. If you have tried all the above then why not this? Try using another account and see if this works.
8. Re-install the Spotify app
Lastly, the only option left with you is to perform a reinstallation of the Spotify app. Here’s how to do it.
Reinstall Spotify on Android
1. Open the Play store app on your Android phone.
2. Within the PlayStore app, search for Spotify and open it from the search results. Likewise, tap on the Uninstall button to uninstall Spotify from your android phone.
3. Once the app is uninstalled, you’ll now see the Install button on the Spotify Play Store page. Tap on the Install button to get the Spotify app installed again on the phone.
Once the app is reinstalled, open it and sign in with your account and check if crossfade is working or not.
Reinstall Spotify on iPhone
1. On your iPhone, locate the Spotify app and tap and hold on to it.
2. Doing so will open a hovering list of options. Tap on the Remove App option from that list and confirmation the removal by again tapping on Delete App over the confirmation dialog box.
3. The Spotify app is now uninstalled from your iPhone. Now, head over to the App Store and search for Spotify.
4. Now, tap on the download button next to the Spotify app in the search results and wait until the app gets installed.
Once the app is installed, log in with your Spotify account and check if the issue is fixed.
Reinstall Spotify on Windows
1. Press the Windows icon then search for the option Apps & Features in the search icon and click on Open.
2. On the Apps & Features settings screen search for the Spotify app, click on the three dots next to it from the search results, and then click on the Uninstall option.
3. Now open the Microsoft Store, search for Spotify and install it.
Reinstall Spotify on Mac
1. Open Finder on your Mac and go to Applications.
2. In the Applications folder, look for the Spotify app and drag it to the Bin. Alternatively, you can also right-click on it and click on Move to Bin.
3. Now, click on Go > Library from the right side of the menu bar while holding the Option key on your keyboard.
4. In the Library folder navigate to the Caches folder and delete the “com.spotify.client,” “com.spotify.installer,” and “com.spotify.client.helper” folders.
5. Now, come back to the Library folder, go to Application Support, and delete the Spotify folder.
6. Finally, go to the Spotify download page and download and install Spotify from there.
Note: If you re-install the app then all the downloaded music and podcasts will also get deleted. So follow this step if you are ready for this loss.
9. Raise your issue in the Spotify Community
After trying all the steps mentioned above still, if the problem persists then don’t get disheartened. You can try one more thing i.e. raising this issue in the Spotify community. There the official developers stay in touch so that they can also get to know the issues that individuals are facing so that they get to know the problem and solve them as soon as possible.
Hope all the given instructions were of your help. We always try to make our readers happy. So we do every effort we can to solve your problem. Here also for solving the Spotify crossfade issue, we have exhausted almost every method possible.
Do comment if any of them worked for you and let us know that it helped. It will make us feel great. Stay connected!