One of the most widely used music streaming services, Spotify, has just dropped a new feature by the name Spotify wrapped which is live on the Spotify app for both Android and iOS users. This new feature allows you to check what music you listen to this year, the previous year, etc.
This is definitely a really exciting feature and makes the users realize what they listen to the most year-round. But there are a number of users who are reporting that they are experiencing issues while seeing Spotify Wrapped 2022.
If you are also struggling with this issue then stick around to this fixing guide and I will show you the ways to fix it.
Fix Spotify Wrapped Not Working Or Crashing
Spotify Wrapped is basically an automatically created music playlist that is different for each individual user. This playlist consists of the most-listened songs of yours of the year. It tells which music artist, genre, songs, etc. the user has been listening to the most throughout the year. If you can’t see your personalized wrapped playlist then the following are fixes that you can try.
Fix 1: Manually search for Spotify Wrapped
There can be an issue for some of the Spotify users that the new wrapped playlist is not available on the home screen of the app. Or if you are not able to find one by manually searching in the app, then its a good idea to use the search feature of the app.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Open the search by tapping on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In the search field, type “your top songs 2022“, and the app will deliver some search results.
- In those search results, there should be a Wrapped 2022 of yours.
- Tap on it and it will bring you to your Wrapped in the form of Instagram story cards.
2. Relaunch the Spotify app
The cause of the issue can be as simple as an occasional minor glitch that can be fixed by just relaunching the Spotify app. Hence it is a primary and quite common thing to do.
- Exit the Spotify app.
- Open recent apps on your phone.
- Look for Spotify and remove it from there.
- Once, done launch the Spotify app again.
Now after relaunching the Spotify app, search for Spotify Wrapped and see if you are able to see yours. If not, then move on to the next fix.
3. Update the Spotify app
An outdated version of the Spotify app can also keep you away from the latest features like Spotify Wrapped. If you have not updated the Spotify app for a long time, then this can be the cause of your issue. So it is advised to look if there is any update for the app.
You can go to the following links to check for the pending Spotify app update:
After updating the Spotify app to the most recent version, open the app and see if you are not able to access your Wrapped playlist or not.
4. Clear the Spotify cache
Corrupted or old cache data on the app can also cause the Spotify app to act abnormally. Hence it is a good practice to clear the cache of the app on your phone.
Clear Spotify cache on Android
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps and Notifications.
- Select Spotify and go to Storage & Cache option.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache.
Clear Spotify Cache on iOS
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap on the Gear icon on the top right to open its settings.
- Tap on Storage.
- Finally, click on the DELETE CACHE button.
5. Logout and login back into the Spotify app
The next fix to get the wrapped feature working for you is to log out and then login back into your Spotify app. To do so:
- Open Spotify and go to its settings by tapping on the gear icon on the top right.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Log out button and confirm the selection on the proceeding popup.
- Relaunch the Spotify app and the app will automatically ask you to log in.
- Enter the credentials as per the way you wanna log in to the app.
Once done, search for the wrapped and see if it is showing the playlist for you or not.
6. Reinstall the Spotify app
Lastly, if nothing works for you then completely uninstalling the app from your phone and then installing it again is the option you are left with. Simply uninstall the app from your phone and this time download the Spotify app from the App Store or Play Store but go through the official Spotify website.
Once you have re-install the app, make sure to log in to that same account that you have been using throughout the year. Once you are in the Spotify app, find the Wrapped and see if you have one for you or not.
7. Listen to more Music
If you have reached the end of this fixing guide and are still not able to have the Spotify wrapped then there is a high possibility that you either have not listened to enough music or your account is rarely new. These things can easily lead Spotify to not show the wrapped playlist for you as there is not enough amount of music, artists, etc. to generate one for you. Hence, try to make listen to more music and once there will enough track record of your music usual music listening, Spotify will automatically provide a Wrapped for you.
Here comes the end of this fixing guide and I am hoping that you would have got a proper fix for yourself by now. But if you haven’t then I would advise you to contact Spotify for a more expert fixing. if you have any questions or suggestions then please let me know by leaving them in the comments below. Also, share if you have any additional methods that have worked for you. It would be really helpful for the iExplainers readers.
- 2 Ways to Rewatch your old Spotify Wrapped
- How to connect AirPods without case to iOS and Android devices
- Fix Google Pixel 6 screen waking up randomly
- 7 Ways to Fix ‘Cannot verify server identity’ error on iPhone
- Fix Blurry Thumbnail issue in Photos on iOS 15
- Download & install GBA4iOS on iOS 15 [2022 Guide]