Adding a slideshow to the Windows 11 Lock Screen adds a lot of life to the PC screen when it is not in use. But users may encounter issues with the Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow not working.
In this fixing guide, we are going to provide you with tips and solutions to resolve this issue.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working
Here are the 8 ways to Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working on your PC.
1. Enable Lock Screen Slideshow on Windows 11
To start with, you should first make sure that Slideshow is enabled for your lock screen. To check this and fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working, follow the below steps.
1. Open Windows Settings. You can either open it from the Start Menu or by pressing Win + I on the keyboard.
2. On the Settings window, switch to the Personalization option from the left pane, and then go to the Lock screen option from the right.
3. On the Lock screen settings page, look for the Lock screen status option, and set it to Slideshow from the drop-down menu associated with it.
After doing the above steps, you should be able to Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working on your PC.
2. Check the Slideshow Images
It is possible that the folder containing the images for Lock Screen Slideshow is not there due to accidental deletion of them. Just ensure that this is not the case by going to the folder that you have set to be used for Slideshow.
Once checked, it should Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working.
3. Re-add the Slideshow Images folder
As a workaround, you can also try removing and then re-adding the folder to the Lock Screen Slideshow option. Here’s how you can do so and Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working on your PC:
1. Open Settings (Win + I) and go to Personalization from the left and select Lock screen from the right.
2. On the Lock screen settings screen, click on the down arrow associated with the Personalize your lock screen tile.
3. Here, click on the Remove button next to the set folder to remove them.
4. Now, click on the Bowser button and select the folder again.
4. Set the Lock Screen to not turn off after the Slideshow
If you have set your Lock Screen to turn off after playing the Slideshow once, then it can also pose an issue with your continuous functioning of the Lock Screen Slideshow.
So make sure that your Lock Screen is not set to turn off after playing the slideshow once. Here’s how you can do it and fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working.
1. Open Settings and go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
2. Click on the Advanced slideshow settings tile to expand it.
3. Here, locate the Turn off the screen after the slideshow has played for option and select the Don’t turn off option from the drop-down menu associated with it.
5. Enable Slideshow in the Power Options
The Windows Power Options allow the user to control the behavior of the PC in different scenarios. The Lock screen Slideshow is one of them. Here’s how to check and allow Slideshow in the Power Options.
1. Search for Power Options in the Windows Search bar and open the Edit Power plan option from the search result.
2. On the Edit Plan Settings window, click on the Change advanced power settings link in the blue color.
3. You’ll now be on a small Power Options window. Here, expand the Desktop background settings option followed by the Slide show option.
4. Finally set the Settings option to Available from the drop-down menu.
6. Enable Indexing of Image files
If the Indexing options of your Windows PC are set to exclude the image files (png and jpg) then it can cause the slideshow to not work on the Lock Screen.
1. Search for Indexing Options in the Search bar of your Windows PC and open the same from the search results.
2. On the Indexing Options window, click on the Advanced button.
3. Switch to the File Types tab in the following window and make sure that png and jpg file types are checked with a blue tick. If not, check to mark them and click on OK.
Lastly, restart your PC and see if it Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working problem.
7. Check Windows Registry for Lock Screen Blocking
If you have recently changed the Registry settings of your Windows PC regarding the Lock Screen, there is a possibility that the Lock Screen Blocking is enabled. To check this and Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working`, follow the below steps.
1. Open the Windows Run program by pressing Win + R on the keyboard.
2. Enter Regedit, in the text field and click OK.
3. In the Registry editor that opens up, navigate to the following path:
4. You should see a REG_DWORD Valye by the name NoLockScreenSlideshow. Right-click on it and select Delete.
5. Finally, restart your PC to fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working.
8. Enable Lock Screen Slideshow in Group Policy Editor
Just like Windows Registry, the Group Policy Editor is also capable of enabling and disabling a ton of Windows features including the Lock Screen Slideshow. Here’s how to check if this is the case with you and take appropriate action.
1. Open the Windows Group Policy Editor by running the gpedit.msc command in Windows Run (Win + R).
2. In the Local Group Policy Editor window, navigate to the following path from the left pane.
Computer Configurations > Administrative Templates > Personalization
3. Now from the right side, double-click on the “Prevent enabling lock screen slide show” option.
4. Set the radio button to Not Configured, hit OK, and restart the PC.
And here comes the end of this fixing guide. The above-described solutions shoule be enough to Fix Windows 11 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working.
- 9 Ways to Fix Google Chrome Crashing While Printing in Windows 11
- How to Fix Desktop Folder Missing on Windows 11
- How to Fix the “Internal error: CallSpawnServer: Unexpected response $0” in GOG Galaxy
- How to Fix Mailto Link Not Working or Opening in Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Fix VAN9003 Valorant Error on Windows 11