If you are experiencing an issue with the new Bing icon in the Microsoft Edge browser’s toolbar, seeing an error message that says “This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue“, don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to fix it.
Two common causes of this error message are the usage of a VPN and security software features interfering with the browser. To fix the issue, you need to eliminate the possibilities of the error one by one.
Fix “Content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue.” Bing Error on Microsoft Edge
If you encounter the “Content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue.” error message on Microsoft Edge when using the Bing button, there are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
1. Turn off the VPN
In the event that you encounter an error while using a particular application or service, it is possible that your VPN could be the cause. It is advisable to disable your VPN temporarily and check if the issue persists. This is because certain content or features may be restricted while using a VPN. It is essential to keep this in mind.
1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to Network & internet from the left and click on VPN from the right.
3. Here, toggle off the switch for the VPN option to turn it off.
You can also disable the VPN by going to the VPN application you are using on your PC.
It is crucial to understand that VPNs are not always compatible with certain applications or services, and disabling your VPN may be necessary to use them. Therefore, it is recommended that you keep a close eye on the compatibility of your VPN with any applications or services you intend to use.
2. Clear Browser Cache
If you are encountering issues with using the Bing button on Microsoft Edge, it’s possible that the accumulated cache on the browser might be the root cause. To resolve this problem, you need to clear the cache on Edge and try using the Bing button again.
To clear the cache on Edge, follow these steps:
1. Click on the three-dot button located on the toolbar and from the dropdown menu, select History.
2. Once the History panel appears, click on the three-dot button at the top-right corner of the panel and select Clear Browsing Data from the drop-down menu.
3. This will open the Clear Browsing Data settings. Select All Time in the Time Range option and checkmark Cookies and other site data, Cached images, and files.
4. Finally, click on the Clear Now button to clear the selected data.
By following these steps, you should be able to clear the cache on Microsoft Edge and fix any issues you might be facing while using the Bing button.
3. Check the settings of your Security Software
It is possible that the error you are experiencing may be related to the Network settings of your security software. To resolve this issue, you will need to disable this particular setting.
For example, if you are using Kaspersky security software, it has a feature called “Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages,” which is enabled by default. This feature can cause an error while using the Bing button on Edge. To fix this error, you will need to disable this feature.
To disable the “Inject script” feature on Kaspersky, follow these steps:
1. Open the settings of the Kaspersky security software.
2. Select Network settings from the left pane and uncheck the button beside “Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages” under the Traffic processing section.
3. Finally, click Save to save the changes.
By following these steps, you should be able to disable the problematic setting and fix the error. If you continue to experience issues, you may want to consider contacting your security software provider for additional support.
There are several methods you can use to resolve the issue you are encountering on Microsoft Edge.
Once you have tried these methods, check to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, you may need to try additional troubleshooting steps or seek further assistance.
- Fix “Oops, looks like your browser was told to deny us microphone access!” on Steam
- How to Use macOS Hot Corners on Windows for free
- 8 Ways to Fix GeForce Now Error Code 0xc0f1103f on Windows
- How to Save Bing AI Chat History on Edge, Google Chrome, and other platforms
- 8 Ways to Fix Yellow Border from Windows Screen