In this article, we will discuss the solutions to fix VPN Error 807 on Windows 11/10. VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a security mechanism that allows users to connect to a network or event to multiple networks. However, some users may encounter errors while connecting to a VPN network. One such error is VPN Error 807.
What is VPN Error 807 in Windows
The complete error message says,
Error 807: The network connection bewteen your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect to the VPN server. If this problem persists, contact the VPN administrator and analyze quality of network connectivity.
VPN Error 807 occurs when there is a problem with the transmission of data in the VPN. This error can occur due to internet latency or when the VPN server has reached its capacity.
Attention Windows Users!!
Facing issues on your Windows PC every now and then? We would recommend you use the Restoro PC Repair tool.
It is a one-stop solution to repair common computer errors, protect your Windows PC from data loss, malware, hardware failure, Registry issues, BSOD errors, etc. and optimize your PC for maximum performance in just three simple steps:
- Download Restoro Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (see patents here).
- Install and click on Start Scan to find the issues on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click on Repair All to fix the issues.
4,533,876 users have downloaded Restoro till now.
Fix VPN Error 807 in Windows 11 & 10
To fix this error, users can try reconnecting to the VPN server from a different location or contacting the administrator.
1. Check your Internet connection
VPN errors can also occur due to unstable internet connections. Users can perform a speed test to check their internet connection’s stability.
If the internet speed is less than the opted plan, users can restart their router and modem. However, if the issue persists, users can contact their service provider.
2. Use Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Users can try running Microsoft’s Network Adapter Troubleshooter to diagnose and repair common network issues. To run this troubleshooter,
1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
2. Scroll down, and click on Troubleshoot and go to Other Troubleshooters.
3. Then, click on the Run button associated with the Network Adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Cross-check your VPN Settings
Users need to check the VPN settings to ensure that all the credentials entered for the VPN network, including the server address, username, and password, are correct. To check this,
1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
2. Navigate to Network & internet and click on VPN from the right.
3. Check if the credentials are correct.
4. Finally, ensure that the connection type is set to Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
4. Temporarily disable Windows Defender Firewall
Users can try disabling Windows Defender Firewall temporarily, as it sometimes causes apps and games to malfunction. To turn it off,
1. Click on Start, search for Windows Defender Firewall, and select Open.
2. Then, select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off in the left pane, and check the option that says Turn off Windows Defender Firewall under both Private and Public network settings.
3. Finally, click on Ok to save the changes.
You can read our Windows Defender guide for a detailed tutorial on the same.
5. Use a different Location or VPN
Lastly, if none of the above methods help, users can try connecting through a different server location or using a different VPN client.
If you are confused, here are some really good VPNs for torrenting:
- NordVPN: This is one of the most popular and reliable Virtual Private Network (VPN) services for torrenting. It has a wide range of servers, strong encryption, a no-logs policy, and a Cybersec feature that blocks all suspicious websites.
Download for Free (Get 63% off + 3 months free)
- SurfShark: Surfshark is a secure, fast, and reliable VPN that offers unlimited device connections, military-grade encryption, a no-logs policy, and great features like CleanWeb, MultiHop, and Whitelist. It provides great value for money and is perfect for users looking for privacy and security online.
Try SurfShark: Download
- Windscribe VPN: Windscribe is a free VPN service that allows you to enjoy secure and private internet access over the torrenting network. With Windscribe, you can secure 10GB of data every month. Windscribe also features an ad-blocker and firewall to protect your privacy.
Try Windscribe: Download
- hide.me: hide.me is a free VPN service that allows you to securely and anonymously access blocked content over a network. It offers up to five connections per account, up to three simultaneous connections, up to 500 MB data transfer per month, and full access to IP addresses in over 20 countries.
Try hide.me: Download
- Private Internet Access: PIA is a free VPN service that allows you to securely and privately access blocked content over the network. TunnelBear offers up to 1GB of data per month, servers in 20+ countries, strong encryption, and built-in ad and tracker blocking.
Try PIA: Download
- CyberGhost VPN: CyberGhost VPN is a virtual private network service that offers online privacy and security by encrypting internet traffic and masking the user’s IP address. It also provides access to geo-restricted content and has a user-friendly interface.
Try CyberGhost VPN: Download
In conclusion, VPN errors can occur due to various reasons, but users can fix VPN Error 807 on Windows 11/10 by following the above methods. We hope this article was helpful.