Activating the Lock Screen on an iPhone with the power button may seem effortless, but it can be inconvenient for those who have installed a waterproof or rugged case with a stiff button. Additionally, physically pressing a button may be difficult for people with physical or motor disabilities.
Thankfully, Apple has provided a solution to this problem by offering a shortcut to activate the Lock Screen. This article will guide you through the process of creating and using the iPhone Lock Screen shortcut in iOS 16.4 or later.
How to Create iPhone Lock Screen Shortcut
To begin, make sure your iPhone has iOS 16.4 or later installed. You can check this by going to the Settings app and selecting General > Software Update to download and install the update.
Additionally, ensure that you have the Apple Shortcuts app installed on your device, which is available for free.
1. Once you have the basics covered, launch the Apple Shortcuts app and tap on the plus icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
2. From there, tap on the plus icon (+) on the top-right of the screen.
3. Tap on the “Add Action” button.
4. Search for “Lock Screen” in the search bar. Select it when it appears, and you will have the option to put the Lock Screen shortcut on your Home Screen.
5. To do so, tap on the share icon at the bottom of the screen.
6. Choose “Add to Home Screen,” customize the shortcut to your liking, and hit “Add” at the top right corner of the screen.
7. Don’t forget to tap on “Done” to confirm your actions.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the iPhone Lock Screen shortcut.
How to use the Lock Screen Shortcut
Once you have successfully created the Lock Screen shortcut on your iPhone, you can activate it in two different ways. To activate it,
1. Simply tap on the shortcut icon on your Home Screen, or
2. Invoke Siri and say “Hey Siri, Lock Screen.”
If you no longer want to use this shortcut, head into the Apple Shortcuts app, touch and hold onto the Lock Screen shortcut, and select “Delete Shortcut” to confirm.
The iPhone Lock Screen shortcut is a simple and convenient way to activate the Lock Screen without having to physically press a button. What are your thoughts about the Lock Screen Shortcut? Let us know in the comments below.