There are a number of GBA (Game Boy Advance) emulators that allow you to play the retro games of your choice and one of the most popular ones is the GBA4iOS emulator. If you are willing to install the GBA4iOS emulator on your iPhone, then this fixing guide will get you covered.
Playing retro games belonging to our childhood is one of the best feelings. Playing these games brings every one of us back to our restless and fun childhood days. But you don’t need to have those old gaming consoles and TVs in order to play those games. You can play them easily on your Apple iPhone for free.
Update (21/April/2023): The GBA4iOS is no more available for iPhones as the developer has dropped the support for it. Instead, the developer has launched the Delta emulator. You can know more about the same from here.
How to Download and Install GBA4iOS on iPhone or iPad
There are a couple of methods by which you can install the GBA4iOS emulator in your iPhone running iOS 15. Some are quite simple while some take a number of advanced steps. For this specific guide, I have gone with the TweakBoxApp as I found this simple and working for the iPhones running iOS 15.
1. Go to tweakboxapp on your iPhone and tap on Install now to download the TweakBox third-party app. Tap on Allow if it asks for permission.
2. Open Settings on your iPhone and go to General > Profile > Tweakbox and install it.
3. Open the Tweakbox app from the home screen and go to Apps > Tweakbox Apps and locate GBA4iOS. Tap on it, select Install, and then confirm by tapping on the final Install option from the confirmation box. This will start installing the GBA4iOS on your phone.
4. While GBA4iOS is downloading and getting installed, go to File from the home screen, tap on the On My iPhone option, and create a folder by the name GBA Roms.
To create a folder long-press in the empty space and select the New Folder option.
5. One more thing to do is to make iOS trust the GBA4iOS app. To do so, go to Settings > General > Profile.
Tap on ShangHai P&C Information Technology, then tap on Trust “ShangHai P&C Information Technology” and finally tap on Trust.
6. The GBA4iOS emulator should have been downloaded by now. It’s time to download some GBA game ROMs and add them to the Emulator. First of all, download the game ROMs from a safe and trusted source like freeroms.com.
Once downloaded, the ROM will get saved in the Downloads folder. Move/Copy that file to the GBA Roms folder that you created in Step 4.
7. Lastly, you’ll have to add that ROM file to the GBA4iOS emulator. To do that, go to the GBA Roms folder and long-press on the ROM file. Click on Share > More > Copy to GBA4iOS. This will add the ROM file to your GBA4iOS emulator.
Now simply open the emulator and you will see a list of games that you added in the previous step. Tap on the game of your desire and start playing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does GBA4iOS still work in 2023?
No. As I have shared in the update above, the GBA4iOS has been dropped by its developer to provide support. And hence, you can't use the GBA4iOS Emulator on your iOS devices.
Which is a good alternative to GBA4iOS?
If you are looking for a good alternative to the GBA4iOS emulator for your iOS device then I am happy to share with you that you can try the Delta emulator.
The Delta emulator is the emulator from the same developer who created GBA4iOS and you can consider it as the upgraded version of GBA4iOS.
So this is the simplest way to download and install the GBS4iOS emulator on your iPhone running iOS 16 or 15. There are many other ways to the GBA4iOS app too but the one using the tweak app is the one that I found simple and working for the iPhone. For a detailed understanding, I have also attached a YouTube video, teaching the same that has been discussed in this how-to guide.
I hope this guide was helpful to you. If it was, please consider sharing it with the needy ones in your circle. Also, if you have any questions or suggestions then please let me know in the comments below.
- 5 Ways to fix laggy Calendar app in iOS 15.1
- Fix ‘Your system has run out of application memory.’ on Mac
- How to sideload Android apps in Windows 11 without Insider Program
- 10 Ways to fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error in Chrome
- How to mute participants and turn off their camera in Google Meet using Audio & Video Lock
I am upset because when I always try to install and play game on delta, it always immediately offshoots me to a website called googleads double click.
I don’t know if there’s something I need or if I can get an app to prevent this problem I’m having, because I’m having a real problem with it.