MagSafe has provided Apple to serve their customers with a bunch of different accessories. The MagSafe battery pack is one of those and enables iPhone users to charge the device wirelessly without any wire required. This was very useful, especially for the mini iPhone holders like the iPhone 12 and 13 Mini where there is comparatively less backup provided. But the problem is that the MagSafe battery pack only charges at 5W output which, to be very honest, is really less in 2022 as there is up to 150W or higher changing tech existing already.
But Apple has decided to provide an improvement over this charging output. Obviously, it is not going to be very drastically high. To be specific, Apple is pushing a firmware update to the MagSafe that will bump up its output to 7.5W from the traditional 5W. This, as I said, is not a very drastic bump up but it is also the fact that this increment is provided in the MagSafe battery packs that you already own. So, at the end of the day, it’s good to have a free upgrade.
How to Update MagSafe Battery Pack to get 7.5W wireless charging
Now, the question is how will I get this firmware update on my MagSafe battery pack and what will be the process to install it? Well, there are two ways by which you can install the new firmware 2.7 updates on your MagSafe Battery Pack. One is automatic and the other one is manual.
The automatic update, as its name suggests, starts automatically right away as soon as you attach the Battery Pack to your iPhone. But the problem is that as per Apple, it can take up to one week to complete depending upon your usage. Hence you can say that it’s not a very reliable way to do so.
Coming to the manual update of the MagSafe Battery Pack manually, it is much more reliable and takes as long as 5 mins to complete. To manually update the MagSafe Battery Pack to the v2.7 firmware update, simply just connect the battery pack to an iPhone or iPad with an active internet connection. For connection, use the lightning to USB or lightning to lightning cable depending upon which device you are connecting the Battery Pack with. Wait for about 5 minutes and you should be good to go.
How to check Firmware of the MagSafe Battery Pack
If you are not sure whether the new firmware update has been installed successfully, you can check it by replicating the following steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and go to General.
3. On the general settings page, tap on About.
4. Here you’ll find your MagSafe Battery Pack listed, tap on it and you’ll be able to see the firmware version listed there.
You can check there whether the firmware version is showing v2.7 or not. If not, then you should keep the MagSafe attached to the device for a little longer in order to update it.
Even though the charge output has not been increased drastically by Apple but still a good update regarding the fact that it is free of cost and is applicable to the same Battery Pack that you already own. But the thing I am concerned about is that Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack had been in the headlines for its notorious heating issue and now since the charge output is being further increased, will it be good for the consumers. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.
- How to Cancel All Alarms for Today & Tomorrow on iPhone
- 3 Best Pokemon Emulators for iPhone in 2022
- How to AirPlay to TV: Guide to Mirror iPhone & Mac on TV, Roku etc.
- How to Play Gomoku on iMessage [2022 Guide]
- iMessage doesn’t say ‘Delivered’? Here’s Why
- Fix: iCloud and iMessage Accounts are Different [iOS 15]
- Fix Oculus App Crashing/Not Opening on iPhone (iOS 14 & 15)
- Fix Allow to share data with (null) on iOS/iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8
- iOS 15.2 Battery Drain Issue: 10 Working Tips and Workarounds
- 4 Ways to Fix Safari iOS 15 issues